Simultaneously incorporating different training and routines into your fitness program could give you the profound results that you are aiming for. In fact, combining strength training and running program together is an effective way to regulate the weight and gain strength at the same time. If you are looking for a running machine, buy it today and start your fitness training as soon as possible.
What Is A Combined Fitness Training
Combined training is exactly what the term means. It is a complete program with combined routines such as weight training, resistance training, and running workouts to achieve a certain fitness goal. Fitness enthusiasts combine running workouts together with strength training to attain the optimal results of their fitness program.
Whatever kind of exercise you choose to combine to come up with an effective program will be more efficient if you will consult a personal trainer. With their help, you can plan out a safe and constructive program that will not compromise your health and safety.
Combining Strength Training and Running Program For Best Results
Strength training and running workouts should not hinder you from successfully performing different exercise routines. To fully maximize the benefits of each training, you must be aware of your body’s capability to execute resistance training, weight training, and running workouts altogether. This means knowing the limit of your body when it comes to performing each exercise and not overworking it.
So the question is how are you going to combine strength training with endurance training in the most beneficial way? Below are some of the things to remember when you’re aiming for a combined training:
- Plan your program meticulously. Make sure that you have enough time to rest and recover from your training. Incorporate moderate to vigorous training in your program and exert your full effort whenever you are doing vigorous workouts.
- You can do pieces of training in one day. You can do this by lifting weights after your cardio or running workouts. If you have the whole day to workout, you can simultaneously perform the exercise with rests in between.
- Do a 2-day workout once in a while. 2-day workouts can be quite draining, but you have to keep in mind that the first day of your 2 consecutive days of workout is more important than the second one. You can do a vigorous workout on the first day and add moderate workouts on the second day.
- Stick to your routine schedule. Your body needs to adapt to new physical challenges in the most subtle way to prevent injuries. To help it effectively absorb the benefits of your training, stick to your schedule, and avoid switching from one training to another without understanding its implications.
- Prioritize your source of nutrition. Fitness training will never be successful without complete nutrition and a healthy diet. If your goal is to lose weight, watch your calorie intake carefully, and avoid foods that are rich in carbohydrates.
Strength Training Workouts
Strength training can also be called resistance training. The main goal of this exercise is to improve the body’s strength by training a specific muscle or muscle groups using weightlifting tools like dumbbells, barbells, and body bars.
Strength training has a wide variety of exercise to choose from which includes:
- Lifting weights
- Resistance bands exercises
- Push-ups, lunges, squats, and pull-ups
- Weight machine exercises using the lat pulldown machine, cable machine, and many more
This type of training increases your muscle mass and gives it a toned physique at the same time. People who are aiming to lose weight generally need to combine strength training with their cardio to burn body fats quickly.
How Running Program Works
Running is one of the best ways to burn calories. Aside from this, it is also an effective aerobic exercise that will strengthen your immune and cardiovascular system. To guarantee that your running program is actually strengthening you, be sure to consider the following ideas:
- Watch your posture. Posture plays a vital role in any kind of exercise. Improper body form can increase the risk of injuries and accidents during workouts.
- You are using the right gears. According to experienced runners, using the right pair of shoes has plenty of advantages. Not only that it protects your feet from harmful debris that you might step into, but it also prevents circumstances like falling off and going out of balance.
- Do not overwork yourself. Allow your body to slowly adjust to the routine and start at a slow phase. Eventually, your body will get used to it, and sooner or later, you will be able to run like a pro!
- Take a break. While it’s true that we should push ourselves to the limit when it comes to working out, it is still essential to take a break. You do not have to run every single day. A 30 to 1-hour run every other day is good enough for beginners.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Running could lead to extreme perspiration which may cause dehydration. Don’t forget to bring a bottle of water whenever you go for a run. Water will also prevent you from getting severely exhausted.
Combined Resistance And Endurance Training
Your fitness goals, priorities, workout experiences, and schedule will greatly contribute to how you plan your combined resistance and endurance training. Browse www.latpulldownmachine.com.au to see how this piece of equipment can help.
The results will also vary on how much effort you put into the training, remember that you are your boss when it comes to training. The more effort you exert, the more beneficial the training will be.
Sample Schedule for Running and Strength Training for Beginners
- Monday – 15 minutes of moderate to vigorous training and running for 45 minutes.
- Tuesday – 15 minutes of moderate to vigorous training and running for 30 minutes
- Wednesday – rest.
- Thursday – 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous training and running for 10 minutes
- Friday – 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous training and running for 30 minutes
- Saturday – 10 minutes of moderate training and running for 1 hour
- Sunday – rest.
If the schedule is too much for you, you may add another rest day or simply adjust the intensity of your training. However, if your goal is to prepare for an upcoming marathon, you need to focus more on your endurance training and less on your strength training.
Sample Schedule for Running and Strength Training for Marathon Preparation
- Monday – long-distance or endurance running.
- Tuesday – 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous training and easy effort running for 30 minutes.
- Wednesday – rest.
- Thursday – full effort running.
- Friday – 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous training and easy effort running for 30 minutes.
- Saturday – long-distance or endurance running.
- Sunday – rest.
Benefits of Combining Strength Training and Running Program
You will be surprised by the benefits that you will get in combined training. By integrating resistance training and running workouts together, your entire body will attain lean muscles and a strong physique naturally.
Here are the benefits of combined training:
- Stronger immune system
- Improves the condition of the heart and lungs
- Enhanced physical endurance
- Regulates body weight
- Prevents cardiovascular and chronic diseases
- Strengthens the bones and muscles
- Burn calories and body fats
- Results to a fit and healthy body
- Improves your body coordination, balance, and posture
- Boosts the mood and energy
- Better sleep at night
It is no surprise that exercising has a lot of benefits. So if you are planning to be physically fit and healthy, now is the time to start your workout program! Do not forget to combine endurance and resistance training for optimal results. Get the proper tools and start your routine! If you are a beginner, it would be wiser to consult a professional fitness trainer to help you organize your personalized fitness program.